[Monotone-devel] serving and locking databases

From: Hugo Cornelis
Subject: [Monotone-devel] serving and locking databases
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 16:47:17 -0500

Hi all,

The basic question is as follows:

I sometimes find it useful to start a monotone server on my laptop
using 'mtn serve'.

However, when I interrupt the server process using a kill command to
send it a TERM signal, it leaves the database locked.  Any operation
against the locked database will fail seems.

How can I remove the stale lock and get my database back in a useful state ?

The longer explanation is

that I use monotone from a (complicated) perl script that calls
monotone and other developer tools for different operations on
different software packages (ci, co, pull, sync, tag, etc).  I would
like to add a serve operation to the list such that I can setup
convenient monotone servers for short lapses of time.  However the
stale locks are a serious problem.  This is part of a software
developer collaboration suite, and solving the stale lock problem is
critical for its useful operation.

All help appreciated.

Thanks,

--

Hugo

--

                    Hugo Cornelis Ph.D.

              Neurospaces Project Architect
                http://www.neurospaces.org/

                  Research Imaging Center
   University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
                    7703 Floyd Curl Drive
                 San Antonio, TX  78284-6240

                    Phone: 210 567 8112
                      Fax: 210 567 8152