Re: [Monotone-devel] serving and locking databases

From: Hugo Cornelis
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] serving and locking databases
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 19:21:59 -0500

On Sun, Apr 12, 2009 at 7:00 PM, Zack Weinberg <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 12, 2009 at 2:47 PM, Hugo Cornelis <address@hidden> wrote:
>> However, when I interrupt the server process using a kill command to
>> send it a TERM signal, it leaves the database locked.  Any operation
>> against the locked database will fail seems.
>
> It's supposed to detect a stale lock and automatically remove it.
> Please post the complete output of any failing command, with --debug
> added to the command line.

After further examination of my own code, I saw that it was doing a
set of forks to create a daemon processes and one of the intermediate
processes was not terminated properly.  It was that process that I was
killing instead of the monotone process.  Further inspection with
netstat confirmed that this was indeed the case.

Thanks for your help.

--

Hugo

--

                    Hugo Cornelis Ph.D.

              Neurospaces Project Architect
                http://www.neurospaces.org/

                  Research Imaging Center
   University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
                    7703 Floyd Curl Drive
                 San Antonio, TX  78284-6240

                    Phone: 210 567 8112
                      Fax: 210 567 8152