monotone-users

[Monotone-users] project status

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: [Monotone-users] project status
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 12:04:33 +0200

Looking at the RoadMap [0] there is currently not so much left to do for
0.99 - the following is still in the works or at least anticipated:

1) explicit --anonymous option for netsync operations (minor change,
   in development)
2) options rework (major change, in development)
3) basic key management, i.e. get, add, drop, in automate (medium
   feature, needed for indefero integration, not started)
4) changelog edititing fixes (minor change, not started)

It would be cool if somebody could look into 1), 3) or 4) and finish
these up. I have two minor branches on my own agenda which might or
might not also end up in 0.99:

nvm.colored-diff - ASCII-code colored diffs, currently expanding the
                   colorization on log and friends

nvm.man-page - automatic man page generation. The man-format version
               is basically done, the mdoc version not quite. Still
               thinking about just using the working version and merge
               that sometime to nvm

I have no news on the i18n front - my blog post about monotone looking
for translators didn't brought much feedback unfortunately. Also I
haven't heard anything from the guy who wanted to create a new CI for
monotone, so no news there either. If you know people who could help out
here, please make them aware of monotone and ask them if they want to
join our little team.

I'd be happy if some people would show interest in creating additional
first-step documentation / tutorials for monotone - like the long wanted
"monotone cheat sheet" or a simple step-by-step guide how to clone,
commit and push with monotone which we could integrate directly on
monotone's web page. Maybe some fellow user with good writing / graphics
skills could work on one of these tasks? I'd happily help him integrate
the result(s).

Lastly, I'm also still looking for one or two additional people who like
to blog about monotone every now and then. These blogs could be about
anything monotone-related, like neat hook implementations for certain
use cases, 3rd party tools, packages for certain platforms or other
things. Basically users who like to share their knowledge on monotone
with others. Please drop me a note and an RSS feed URL so I can set you
up, and your posts are previewed and linked directly on monotone.ca!

Thanks,
Thomas.

[0] http://monotone.ca/wiki/RoadMap/