mug-discuss

Re: [Mug-discuss] New mug thoughts

From: Nick Hill
Subject: Re: [Mug-discuss] New mug thoughts
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 23:38:57 +0100

Ciaran O'Riordan wrote:
Hello (Nick and David),

I've been thinking still about this mug.  It has to be entertaining
but not by makeing a jab at Microsoft et al.

How about a Stallman quote on one site and the standard GNU logo
on the other.

Stallman has plenty of quotable soundbites but I saw one yesterday
that I thought was pretty funny (and retained it's commentary on
Freedom):

"People are fundamentally entitled to share and change programs,
 just as they're fundamentally entitled to share and change recipes.
 Anyone who tries to stop you is... a monster."

(taken from the very end of this page:
 http://www.pigdog.org/interviews/stallman/interview_with_stallman7.html)

It's pretty funny, could cause people to ask questions, it's
informative.  Okay, it could be interpretted as being anti-monster
but that's not too bad is it?

But then, some people might think the monster is depicted in the GNU logo ..eek!!

Apart from this, it makes a great quote for the mug and would make people think.