mug-discuss

Re: [Mug-discuss] New mug thoughts

From: Ciaran O'Riordan
Subject: Re: [Mug-discuss] New mug thoughts
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 01:02:16 +0100

On Thu, May 15, 2003 at 11:38:57PM +0100, Nick Hill wrote:
> Ciaran O'Riordan wrote:
> >
> >"People are fundamentally entitled to share and change programs,
> > just as they're fundamentally entitled to share and change recipes.
> > Anyone who tries to stop you is... a monster."
>
> But then, some people might think the monster is depicted in the GNU
> logo ..eek!!
>
> Apart from this, it makes a great quote for the mug and would make
> people think.

hmm, we agree.  At this rate mugs will still actually be in use when
we have this one ready :)

Actually, and idea I had just now:
"think Free as in speech, not free as in tea".
(or coffee?)

It would invite questions from non-knowers.

In an unrelated note, AFFS[1] are having their annual meeting in
Birmingham on Sat (17th), I'm giving a speech on Software Patents & Europe.
>From going to Brussels, I think the community is losing a winnable
battle.  I'd bet 97% of MEPs have no idea what's at stake.

ciaran.

[1] http://www.affs.org.uk/affsac.html