myexperiment-discuss

[Myexperiment-discuss] Re: [Taverna-users] Newbie: creating a simple wor

From: Paul Fisher
Subject: [Myexperiment-discuss] Re: [Taverna-users] Newbie: creating a simple workflow
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 11:20:53 +0100

A first port of call could simply be: Does it fail?
Yes -> contact the owner
No -> Do "nothing"

Something like that would be very useful to people.

Paul.

Alan Williams wrote:
Egon Willighagen wrote:
On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 11:01 AM, Alan Williams <address@hidden> wrote:
It also shows one of the dangers of myExperiment - workflows that no
longer work :-)
Wasn't it possible to run workflows via the myExperiment website? If
so, it should be trivial for myExperiment to run each workflow
[hour|dai|week|month]ly and see if it still runs properly... I was
hoping to see such functionality...

It sounds trivial. However, you would need a set of test input values and expected output values, together with comparison algorithms.

I think something like that is planned for BioCatalogue so maybe the work can be used on myExperiment as well.

[snip]

Egon

Alan