nano-devel

[Nano-devel] who would like to prepare nano for a Coverity scan?

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: [Nano-devel] who would like to prepare nano for a Coverity scan?
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2017 09:40:38 +0200

Hi all,

I have registered GNU nano with Coverity for it to be scanned:

  https://scan.coverity.com/projects/gnu-nano

But in order to prepare for such a scan I have to download a
520 MB (gzipped) build tool...  :|  I thought that they would
scan the source, or do any required building themselves.

Anyway, I am not going to run something that I don't trust on
my machine.  If I had one that I could sacrifice/dedicate to
this task, I would do that, but this isn't the case.

So, if someone else is willing to run the tool on their spare
machine, and upload the result for scanning, please request
membership on the above linked page and I'll give it.

(Note that https://scan.coverity.com/projects/3749 -- without
the GNU -- was registered by someone else, who doesn't respond
to my requests to become a member.  So, possibly those owners
had a hostile intent?)

Benno