Re: [Nel] Problems ?

From: Vincent Archer
Subject: Re: [Nel] Problems ?
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 14:27:39 +0100

According to Dim Segebart:
> What's wrong with this list ?
> I didn't receive my last post, which have been posted three days ago ...
> (((
> And also no posts from other members.

That's a not a particularly weird one, because you're not listed as
a member of the list. I've looked at the logs, and didn't find a record
of your subscription confirmation.

Please note that mailman doesn't let "third party subscriptions" for you;
when you subscribe from the on-line form, mailman sends a message to the
subscribed address asking for a confirmation, to avoid the syndrome of
"let's register Mr X to 10,000 lists to flood his mailbox" (and the less
bothersome 'let's put in a wrong and mispelled address'). Until you have
properly replied to that confirmation message (keep the subject, and cut all
the body), you will NOT receive messages from the list.

--
Vincent Archer                                         Email: address@hidden

Nevrax France.                              Off on the yellow brick road we go!