Re: [Nel] Distributed server algo

From: Thierry Mallard
Subject: Re: [Nel] Distributed server algo
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 23:50:38 +0100

On Wed, Nov 29, 2000 at 03:38:54PM +0100, address@hidden wrote:
> Hi,
> i was wondering how you will code the distributed server.
> What algo will you be using?

Dunno if it could be related, but the word « distributed » made me flash ;-)
I'm now trying to implement a STAGE server (see projet Worldforge[1]), with
the help of Mickael Remond, using Erlang[2], a functionnal language which does
has nice features about distribution. Maybe that could be worth a look,
although I'm still not sure an interpreted language is really usable for
something like NeL or STAGE...

        Best regards,

                Shaman

[1] http://www.worldforge.org