[Nel] Computer Arts Lab

From: Carl Vilbrandt
Subject: [Nel] Computer Arts Lab
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2001 10:32:44 +0900

To all

I have created in AutoCAD's extended entity data structure a Quake entity.   Each
AutoCAD  / Quake entity as  a unique name so I have a link between AutoCAD
data and Quake data such that I can manipulate the precise CAD data with the real
time Quake entities.   I plan to create a CAD  system that uses a real time  simulation
for visualization.

I have been looking at other game 3D engines.  Jet3D, Crystal 3D

I have created very precise highly computational base 3D models of temples in  the
Aizu region of Japan for digital archival, historical purposes.  I studied with a master
temple builder of this region that has no apprentices and he is the last temple builder
in this region.

I want to setup historical server sites that allow users to visit the historical sites
in this area via the internet.

I would like to start a dev group in the Computer Arts Lab an join and open source
3D real time  dev group.  I am not quite sure where to begin.  Does anyone have any
suggestions or could offer some advice on where to start.

http://www.u-aizu.ac.jp/~vilb/vilb.html

--
Carl Vilbrandt, MFA, Associate Professor
University of Aizu________________________________Computer Arts Lab

CARL VILBRANDT University of Aizu        Department of Software - Computer Arts Lab
Tsuruga, Ikki-machi, Aizu-Wakamatsu, Fukushima, JAPAN 965-8580
Curriculum Vitae email: address@hidden     Office 327-B
tel no: +81-242-37-2792     FAX +81-242-37-2772
Classes:  Computer Graphics
             Literacy 2
             Operating Systems
Research: GNUbook.org