[Nel] Snowballs Segfaults

From: Heath Johns
Subject: [Nel] Snowballs Segfaults
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2001 20:34:04 +0000

> I now have the splash screen, and then a nice segfault :).

I don't know if you are still having this problem, but it is the same one
that I've been trying to get around just now (I'm using the latest source
from cvs).

My workaround:  comment out lines 423-445 in nel/src/3d/scene.cpp

So it runs now.  There was a huge NeL logo obscuring everything, but I
commented out line 369 of snowballs2/client/src/client.cpp and that took care
of it.

So now I've got the gnu, and I can move around etc. and the trees show up,
but there is no landscape.  Also, it times out if you try to contact
itsalive.nevrex.org.

If anyone knows anything about getting the landscape to show up, please let
me know, it's the big reason why I'm interested in NeL :)

Heath Johns