Re: [Nel] 3dsmax4 exporter?

From: Vincent Caron
Subject: Re: [Nel] 3dsmax4 exporter?
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2002 12:46:06 +0200

nearhere wrote:
are there any plans to see the 3Dsmax plugin run under 3dsmax4+?

This is already running (and sometimes crashing) for your pleasure, fetch necessary packages at http://zerodeux.net/misc/nel/bin/
Compiled against Max4.2 SDK, and tested against Max 4.2 and Max 5.0 (beta).

we are largely linux here and want to use maya4.5 more also.
> has there been any talk of a maya exporter?

No, and that's a shame because Maya is portable and has been affordable (comparing with Max) for a year now :-b. I'll bet both Nevrax and myself would be interested if you'd try to develop a Maya export, this is a 'must' :)

Important note : Blender is about to be Free Software (October 13!), and will obviously become the tool of choice promoted with NeL. Loic is already working on the tools port.