[Nel] Creating a 3d sim style game with Nel - possible?

From: Marc De Mesel
Subject: [Nel] Creating a 3d sim style game with Nel - possible?
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 22:15:04 +0100

I'm thinking about creating a game where the citizens, other real players, are able to build a home and other style of buildings but would also be able to destroy other villagers or tribes homes.

Would it be possible with the nel engine for the players to create homes and roads at a certain spot so that they persist there until someone destroys it?

I have the impression that with the ryzom game all architecture is static and already present at the start of the game. Would it be much extra work to make this kind of feature possible with this engine?

And if it is possible how far could you go into detail. Could you make it as such that homes are destroyed depending on where the flying stone hits the house?

Warm regards,
MarcDM

Internet access plans that fit your lifestyle -- join MSN. http://resourcecenter.msn.com/access/plans/default.asp