netpanzer-devel

Re: [netPanzer-Devel] netpanzerl linux port

From: Matze Braun
Subject: Re: [netPanzer-Devel] netpanzerl linux port
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 15:25:52 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003, Ingo Ruhnke wrote:

> Matze Braun <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > I'm Matthias Braun and I was wondering how far the linux porting
> > plans of netpanzer are.
>
> At the moment we are still at the very beginning, aka. not started at
> all.
Ok, as I expected :)

I already started yesterday to get a bit of the stuff compiling. Now after
fixing lots of little msvc and win32 vs. gcc and linux things I've got the
stuff inside the Lib directory compiling. (It doesn't link though, because
the code there violates the rules and uses classes from the main game :-/)

I've uploaded my changes here for now:
        http://www.stud.uni-karlsruhe.de/~uxsm/netpanzer.tar.bz2

I tried to document what I changed:
-Added very basic makefile
-removed #include "Stdafx.h" from all source files, gcc doesn't have
precompiled headers like msvc.
-Added some missing include in several files
-Removed strange double-include protection from codewiz.hpp
-Removed DOS-compilation stuff from codewiz.hpp
-Renamed TRUE to true, FALSE to false, BOOL to bool and removed the
definitions
 for them from codewiz.hpp
-Removed BYTE,WORD,DWORD definitions from codewiz.hpp these are already
defined
 in Types/LibTypes.hpp
-Commented memset assembler routines in codewiz.hpp
-removed special WATCOM/MSVC #pragmas in lots of places in codewiz.hpp
-changed type of PALETTE_LENGTH to size_t
-added a SWAP function to codewiz.hpp, couldn't find one elsewhere in the
 project. Also added a SWAP function with an explicit temporary variable
which
 is used at some places in the project (does this bring speed?)
-made destructor of Surface, Component, SpritePacked virtual
-changed usage of zeroMem to memset
-use memcpy instead of memcpyB
-Added a stub of RDTSC function to cTimeStamp.cpp, need an implementation
there.-Added a dummy GameTemplateView.hpp. Needs investigation why the Lib
includes
 files from the main game.
-copied KeyScanCodeDefs.h from main game
-removed #if _MSC_VER > 1000 #pragma once #endif randomly from several
files...
-removed /= (const float&) in fXYZ class (/= (float) is enough)
-gave up with the Lib/Main Game dependencies and added include paths to
the maingame in the Makefiles...
-removed "aliasdef.h" from several files (it contained yet another
definition of  a boolean type...), several renames again :-/
-added int return type to getUnitInfoDrawLayer in GameConfig
-changed iRect constructor to use const types
-disabled all joystick code
-casted several floats to ints in ColorTable.cpp to avoid warnings
-Commented out several uses of _splitpath (which is win32 only) at
FileList.cpp
-fixed some upper/lowercase errors in #include statements
-commented out code that uses _findfirst in Surface.cpp and
PackedSurface.cpp,
 this is a win32 only function
-casted some floats to int in Palette.cpp to avoid warnings
-commented out several assembler routines in Span.cpp
-removed custom memcpy from Surface.cpp
-changed a MessageBox to fprintf(stderr, ...) in Surface.cpp
-added implementation of MIN and MAX to codewiz.hpp
-renamed stricmp to strcasecmp in UtilInterface.cpp
-made some functions in SpritePacked and Sprite const-correct
-commented out lots of code in DirtKickParticle2D, because a variable
didn't
to be defined. Did teh same in GroundExplosionParticle
-some more const-correctness fixes in GroundExplosionParticle and
TrajectoryParticle.
-made some functions in WorldViewInterface const-correct, same in
ViewCamera
-commented out some direct sound code in ParticleInterface.cpp
-renamed some occurences of NULL to 0 in ParticleSystem2D
-commented out isRolloverEnabled in AbstractButton.hpp, this variable
doesn't
seem to exist.

----------------------------

This is a list of things which we have to look at in the Lib dir:

-Fix or completely remove the Joystick code. (IMO we should remove it,
because
 controling this game with joystick isn't a good idea)
-Fix FileList.cpp to use only ANSI-C functions, so that we don't need the
win32
 _splitpath anymore. The same is in UtilInterface.cpp
-Fix PackedSurface.cpp, Surface.cpp to not use _findfirst anymore...
-Write new timercode the assembler cTimeStamp.cpp isn't portable
-Write new code instead of the assembler in Span.cpp and Surface.cpp
-ParticleInterface.cpp contains some DirectSound code which needs to be
replaced-GroundExplosionParticle, RadarPingParticle2D and
DirtKickParticle2D seem to
 miss some Surface variables, where are these defined?
-PUFF_PARTICLE_TYPE isn't defined in SmokingTrajectoryParticle

Greetings,
        Matze