netpanzer-devel

Re: [netPanzer-Devel] netPanzer

From: Ingo Ruhnke
Subject: Re: [netPanzer-Devel] netPanzer
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 21:33:39 +0200

Tyler Nielsen <address@hidden> writes:

> 1)  Do we break the current windows build?
>   By this I mean do we rip out support for DirectX, and other Win32
> specific calls.  I think we are better off taking it out.  This will be
> quicker and we will end up with support for windows when SDL is working.

The problem with taking them out now would be that it would be pretty
hard to detect any errors and bugs that get made, by keeping it up and
running we would ensure that there would always be a working version
on the windows side, while the linux/SDL part gets added. Meaning we
would simply have a working test-case if things gets changed. Sure
once the SDL port is up and running itself taking out the DirectX
stuff might be a valuable option.

> 2)  How do we want to arrange the source files?
> [...] We may be better of not changing anything here until we all
> understand it better.

Yep, until there is something up and running I would simply let it how
it is for the time being, reorganisations and cleanup can be done
later on. Priority should be to get it working first, not to
over-organize it into something unworkable.

> 3)  How do we want to manage code commits?
>   I think we would be best off giving everyone that has sent to the list
> CVS logins, and letting people commit as they go.  If there is a limit
> on CVS access by the site, then we will need to submit patches.

Strategy that I used in other projects was pretty simply, those who do
the work and can work better with cvs write access, get it. So before
any one gets CVS write access sending a few patches to the list first
would be a good idea.

Games:    http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/gamedesigns/
JabberID: address@hidden
ICQ:      59461927