netpanzer-devel

[netPanzer-Devel] netPanzer

From: Tyler Nielsen
Subject: [netPanzer-Devel] netPanzer
Date: 29 Aug 2003 11:24:39 -0600

OK,  As we currently don't have a plan of attack, I'm going to propose
one.  Here are a list of things that need to be decided.

1)  Do we break the current windows build?
  By this I mean do we rip out support for DirectX, and other Win32
specific calls.  I think we are better off taking it out.  This will be
quicker and we will end up with support for windows when SDL is working.

2)  How do we want to arrange the source files?
  I don't have a windows box to test it, but judging by the way the code
is laid out, I would guess the windows build just compiles every '.cpp'
file into an object file, then links them all together.  I think we want
to change this.  I have always liked program sources directly under the
src directory, then libraries in directories under that.  We may be
better of not changing anything here until we all understand it better.

3)  How do we want to manage code commits?
  I think we would be best off giving everyone that has sent to the list
CVS logins, and letting people commit as they go.  If there is a limit
on CVS access by the site, then we will need to submit patches.

Anyone else have any comments?

--
Tyler Nielsen <address@hidden>