netpanzer-devel

Re: [netPanzer-Devel] compiling source leads to "problems" with game dat

From: Matze Braun
Subject: Re: [netPanzer-Devel] compiling source leads to "problems" with game data
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 00:07:35 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003, Derek Arndt wrote:

> Mac OS 10.3, GCC 3.3.
>
> I built physfs straight from CVS.
>
> Oh, BTW....I believe in short time you can announce an OS X version
> available for Mac users :)
Ah, you're using Mac. This explains your problems. netpanzer unfortunately
is little endian only at the moment. It'll be some effort to fix this I
assume.
Netpanzers original coders, often used the trick of just loading chunks of
data into c++ structs. Just search the code for __attribute__((packed))
and you'll find the problematic structs. All the code dealing with these
structs has to be changed to deal correctly with big-endian machines...

Greetings,
        Matze