netpanzer-devel

[netPanzer-Devel] mswindows

From: hankin
Subject: [netPanzer-Devel] mswindows
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 23:18:39 +1100

I've gotten the game to compile under mingw, but it'll only last a few minutes of gui network play before crashing, and for the gui you have to run it with --lobby_server=none, the lobby seems to work in dedicated mode but not with the gui.

The release versions of SDL_mixer, SDL_net doesn't work with mingw, I used the cvs versions.

i got pthreads from...
ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub/pthreads-win32/

jam from...
ftp://sunsite.dk/projects/crystal/support/mingw32/csmingwlibs_0.97r2.exe

I got libxml2 & assorted bits from...

If you want to try a pre-compiled version it's at http://www.dunno.com/netpanzer.zip
you'll need the data files from the normal netpanzer distro.

I only have windows me and I have to reboot everytime it crashes, I probably won't be doing much more in windows.