netpanzer-devel

Re: [netPanzer-Devel] mswindows

From: Matze Braun
Subject: Re: [netPanzer-Devel] mswindows
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 19:45:16 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003, hankin wrote:

> I've gotten the game to compile under mingw, but it'll only last a few
> minutes of gui network play before crashing, and for the gui you have to
> run it with --lobby_server=none, the lobby seems to work in dedicated
> mode but not with the gui.

Frank Richter was able to compile our latest release for mingw, without
any bigger problem. However he simply commented out the xml loading/saving
parts.

> The release versions of SDL_mixer, SDL_net doesn't work with mingw, I
> used the cvs versions.
The release versions worked nicely. You just have to compile them as
static libraries instead of .dlls

> i got pthreads from...
> ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub/pthreads-win32/
Why do you need pthreads? Doesn't SDL provide native win32 threading
support?

> jam from...
> ftp://sunsite.dk/projects/crystal/support/mingw32/csmingwlibs_0.97r2.exe
>
> I got libxml2 & assorted bits from...
> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=23617
>
> If you want to try a pre-compiled version it's at
> http://www.dunno.com/netpanzer.zip
> you'll need the data files from the normal netpanzer distro.
>
> I only have windows me and I have to reboot everytime it crashes, I
> probably won't be doing much more in windows.
ok. Maybe Frank is able to compile the next release again. Or maybe my
friends and me will decide to do another LAN, in this case I'd try
building the win versions myself, but at the moment I'm not really
motivated to reboot from linux :)

Greetings,
        Matze