Re: [Nmh-workers] Questionable code - the bigger picture

From: Valdis . Kletnieks
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Questionable code - the bigger picture
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 15:15:03 -0400

On Tue, 17 May 2005 16:11:59 CDT, Chris Garrigues said:

> The most important thing not to break are the frontends (exmh, mhe, etc) but
> let's not be afraid of breaking them in the short term because in the long
> term, whatever problems turn up can be fixed.

We've mh-e people stand up, and Chris and myself can probably handle any
breakage in exmh - but there's one caveat:  If you make a change that modifies
the line-mode flags (or default values for same) please speak up so us
maintainers of layered stuff know something happened. It's really easy to deal
with a mail that says "I just commited a change that adds a new flag -foobar to
'inc' - please test".  It's a lot harder to troubleshoot 3 weeks later. ;)

Is it possible to gate CVS commit messages to this list, or start an nmh-commits
list for same?  Then if people use sane messages in their 'cvs commit',
all the rest is easy once it's set up. ;)