Re: [Nmh-workers] More old crap: "servers" entry in mts.conf

From: Valdis . Kletnieks
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] More old crap: "servers" entry in mts.conf
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 14:27:12 -0500

On Tue, 13 Jan 2009 13:13:52 EST, Ken Hornstein said:

> the code in client.c calls getnetbyname() on this name and then
> iterates over all of the hosts available (using gethostent()) and tries
> to connect to every server on the named network.

*boggle*. :)

I suggest heaving it over the side as fast as possible, and add a comment
to the pending-release-notes file that says something like:

"The proper way to address this in today's networking environment is to
either put the mailhosts behind a load balancer, or specify multiple MX/A
entries for a single logical mailhost name"