Re: [Nmh-workers] repl and mime handling

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] repl and mime handling
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 10:21:46 -0500

>I assumed nmh would convert to UTF-8, I'd edit a UTF-8 draft, and that's
>what it would hand over to the MDA.

That works great if your locale is UTF-8 ... but what if it isn't?  That's
where life gets complicated, and I think that means that it's just going
to suck for some people.  Of course it sucks right now for EVERYONE,
and there's not a good solution based on the amount of free time that
we have.

>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_%28character%29#Spaces_in_Unicode
>(turn Javascript off to bypass blackout) lists various spaces so I don't
>think they're a problem for the conversion to Unicode.

I think Max's point was that if you have a non-breaking space in Unicode,
what will it be converted to in other character sets?

--Ken