Re: [Nmh-workers] repl and mime handling

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] repl and mime handling
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 15:45:18 -0500

>What do you mean by "internal representation"? Conversion from
>any to utf-8, processing by the code and conversion back to the
>original charset is really internal, transparent for the user.

Well, for example ... when you call fmt_scan(), what should the character
set be?  Just one example.  That's what I mean by internal representation.

>> Now my plan
>> was to convert from UTF-8 to the native character set, but that
>> conversion won't be perfect.
>
>But such the internall conversion would be perfect, no new
>characters is introduced (except formatting like newlines,
>spaces).

Depending on what the character set was in the original message, of course.

>The question is: what charset will be in draft for edition?
>Original, converted to something (e.g. according to locale) or
>utf-8. This is no longer internal.

It will either be based on the locale or UTF-8.  I'll know more when I get
into the exact details.

--Ken