Re: [Nmh-workers] mhstore RFE: add facility to manipulate the original f

From: Jon Fairbairn
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] mhstore RFE: add facility to manipulate the original filename
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2014 10:03:06 +0100

David Levine <address@hidden> writes:

> Jón wrote:
>
>> David Levine <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>> > Would adding a switch to skip that check and allow any filename
>> > help?
>>
>> Not really. For my case, I wouldn’t want anything put into a
>> subdirectory, and obeying anything beginning with .. would be a
>> real nuisance! I just want to extract enough of the filename so
>> that the sender can recognise it (with reasonably high
>> probability :-)
>
> OK.  Does the output from the (undocumented) mhstore -debug switch
> help?

Again, for me it doesn’t output the filename, though I’m
begining to be puzzled. For a message created by mh-e containing

mhstore -auto is ignoring the filename:

   $ mhstore -auto -debug
   little endian architecture
   storing message 8970 part 1 as file 8970.1.txt
   storing message 8970 part 2 as file 8970.2.jpeg

--
Jón Fairbairn                                 address@hidden