Re: [Nmh-workers] Maybe time for a new release?

From: norm
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Maybe time for a new release?
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2016 10:02:07 -0800

David Levine <address@hidden> writes:
>Norm wrote:
>
>> The bulk of the non-spam mail I receive still has a utf-8 or a
>> quotedPrintabl e part. I would like to apply UNIX text processing tools
>> (grep, wc, sort, uniq, perl, etc) to these messages. It would be nice if the
>> next release made that reasonably easily possible.
>
>That's the main motivation for mhfixmsg.  The man page describes it in detail,
>esp. with the new EXAMPLES that I posted earlier.  If you have any questions,
>please let us/me know.

I am terribly sorry to be so dense, but none of your examples do it for
me.  Suppose that I know that the current message in the current folder
has a part which is either  utf-8 or a quotedPrintable and that
I want to output to stdout all the lines of that part that contain the
string "family".  What command go I feed into 'grep family"?

    Norman Shapiro