Re: Bug reported regarding Unicode handling in email address

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: Bug reported regarding Unicode handling in email address
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2021 09:50:03 +0100

Hi Ken,

> > Complain precisely
>
> Well ... I am not sure this feeling is universal:
>
> https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/nmh-workers/2014-04/msg00213.html
> https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/nmh-workers/2015-03/msg00045.html

They're about emails which were faulty before they reached the local
system.  I'm talking about the local system's poor configuration causing
corruption and it not going unnoticed because it would flow downstream.

> And ... well, reality, again, rears it's ugly head.

As I said in a bit which was snipped:

   ‘I quite agree the current code greatly hinders doing anything about
    this.’

--
Cheers, Ralph.