Re: nmh 1.8RC2, xlbiff, and $HOME

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: nmh 1.8RC2, xlbiff, and $HOME
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2023 21:55:10 +0000

Hi David,

I've had one night's sleep spread over the last two nights so I'm not
going to have time for nmh until the weekend.

> And my feeling at this point is to put out an RC3 with the 1.7
> behavior for $HOME.

Which, to be clear, is not the behaviour Ken and kre want.  :-)

Stephen, I'd appreciate knowing if unsetting HOME with RC2,
e.g. ‘env -u HOME ...’, is sufficient for xlbiff's test harness.

    $ HOME= MH=$PWD/mh_profile mhparam path
    mhparam: environment variable HOME is empty
    $
    $ env -u HOME MH=$PWD/mh_profile mhparam path
    /tmp

--
Cheers, Ralph.