Re: nmh 1.8RC2, xlbiff, and $HOME

From: Alexander Zangerl
Subject: Re: nmh 1.8RC2, xlbiff, and $HOME
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2023 11:44:17 +1000

On Thu, 02 Feb 2023 16:44:05 -0800, David Levine writes:
>Anyways, I'd like to keep the 1.7
>behavior for 1.8 and change it after.  Can we agree to that?

minor data point: after following the discussion here, i've decided
that for now _the debian packages_ of nmh should not distinguish
between unset $HOME and set-but-empty $HOME, and that either should cause a
fallback to getpw*.

(1.8RC2 will hopefully/likely be part of the upcoming debian
release; the previous release shipped with 1.7.1.)

regards
az

Alexander Zangerl + GPG Key 2FCCF66BB963BD5F + https://snafu.priv.at/
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my
contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the
spinal cord would fully suffice. -- Einstein