Re: Documentation for dynamically loadable types?

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Documentation for dynamically loadable types?
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 19:51:58 -0600

On 16-Nov-2003, Ole Jacob Hagen <address@hidden> wrote:

| Yes, the usage of DEFINE_OV_TYPEID_FUNCTIONS_AND_DATA where incorrect in a
number of files in Octave-forge.
| There was just 2 inputs, but there should be 3 inputs.
|
| I changed the following files, extending the
DEFINE_OV_TYPEID_FUNCTIONS_AND_DATA-macro:
| NB: I don't know if the third argument is correct, but....Now it compiled,
and it is working for me.

The third argument is supposed to be the class of the object,
preferably using a Matlab-compatible name.

| sparse/make_sparse.cc:442:DEFINE_OV_TYPEID_FUNCTIONS_AND_DATA (octave_sparse,
"sparse", "sparse");
| sparse/make_sparse.cc:446:DEFINE_OV_TYPEID_FUNCTIONS_AND_DATA
(octave_complex_sparse, "complex_sparse", "complex_sparse");

Probably the class for both of these should be just "sparse".  Also,
the Octave type id does not have to be one word and since it is used
in error messages, maybe it should be "complex sparse" instead.

| linear-algebra/ov-re-tri.cc:159:DEFINE_OV_TYPEID_FUNCTIONS_AND_DATA
(octave_tri, "tri", "tri");

Probably the class for this should be double.  It might also be good
if the type id was more discriptive, perhaps "triangular matrix".