Re: Installation problems

From: Quentin Spencer
Subject: Re: Installation problems
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2006 15:35:51 -0500

frank wang wrote:
Hi,
Thanks for the help on the gfortran and configure can find it now. However, I still have problems with installation. The configure cannot find readline package, even though I have installed it and the rpm -q readline said it is readline-5.1-22. The same thing happens for ncurses, termcap that configure cannot find them even though they are installed. Can someone help me to figure this out?
You need the development packages. I don't know which distribution you're using, but on Fedora they are called readline-devel, ncurses-devel, termcap-devel, etc.

Also, I used --disable-readline and configure worked. After the make command successfully build the package, I typed make check. Then I got: src/DLD_FUNCTIONS/luinc.cc.........................panic: Segmentation falut.
I'm not sure about this, but I think it might be trying to load ufsparse libraries that are not present.

Which distribution are you using anyway? If it's Fedora, why not just use the Fedora Extras version of octave, which can be installed with "yum install octave".

Quentin