Re: Bug with pkg if only a single file is installed

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: Bug with pkg if only a single file is installed
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 23:56:45 +0200

Quentin,

Well, I've implemented something for automatic dependency checking to
the DESCRIPTION files and to the script that makes the rpm spec-files.
It seems to work fine on my Mandriva 2006 distribution, so I think its
to a point where someone is an actual RPM packager should take a look at
it and see if they can identify anything that is missing. You'll need
the latest CVS of both octave (or at least the latest pkg.m file) and
octave-forge. Then to create the SRPMs in octave-forge just type "make
srpms" in the octave-forge toplevel. The SRPMS will be in
packages/RPM/SRPMS..

Thomas, I think I might need help doing something similar to the SRPMs
creation script for DEBs if you want to help out...

Regards
David