Re: colormaps not installing

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: colormaps not installing
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 10:11:46 -0400

On 25-Jul-2007, Daniel J Sebald wrote:

| Does SOURCES have to be handled by "configure"?

I want all the files listed explicitly somewhere.  We used to have
'*.m' in the Makefiles, but that can cause the install and dist
targets to pick up junk files.  We could list them in a separate file
that is included by the Makefiles, but I'm not sure the extra
complexity is worth the effort.  This issue only comes up for people
working from CVS, so it should not confuse the masses who pick up
snapshots or releases.  People working with the CVS sourcses should
not be surprised that autogen.sh, configure, or config.status need to
be run when things change.  OTOH, if someone wants to work on either
adding rules to the build system so these tools are run automatically
by make when things change, or converting the build system to
automake, then I would consider some patches (though it would probably
be good to see some discussion here about it first).