Re: Default menus for fltk backend

From: Kai Habel
Subject: Re: Default menus for fltk backend
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 20:06:01 +0100

 On 16.12.2010 21:38, Judd Storrs wrote:
2010/12/16 Judd Storrs<address@hidden>:
2010/12/14 Kai Habel<address@hidden>:
I don't see this. For me rotate still is the default mode. Can you be more
specific. What did you do and what did you expect?
I don't fully follow this conversation, but I just did a surf() and
the default interaction mode came up as pan, which seems
counterintuitive. Why anyone would want pan as the default after
calling surf()?
Oh, I see what's happening. I had previously used that figure for an
imshow() which set the figure to pan mode. Then I used surf() to
replace the plot and the figure remained in pan mode rather than
switching to rotate mode. If I close the figure before using surf() it
comes up in rotate mode. I think somehow octave needs to know that
going from a 2D display for imshow() to a 3D display for surf() should
change the default view mode.

--judd

I will see if I can propose a patch that implements an 'auto' and a 'manual' mode for the gui mode in the same way we have for many properties.

Kai