Re: Mac OS X build reference?

From: Richard Campbell
Subject: Re: Mac OS X build reference?
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 13:02:01 -0500

On Feb 16, 2011, at 12:47 PM, fork wrote:

> Richard Campbell <rlcamp.pdx <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Ideally yes, the readme is updated. A couple threads this past
>> month have collected the newest info.
>
> Yeah, have those threads been incorporated into the README?
>
> I will also do the lowest common denominator as you suggest in another post.
> I would like to learn how to make a dmg, but I am not sure that is going to
> happen....

Ben,

I submitted this to the Mercurial patches, at
https://savannah.gnu.org/patch/index.php?7466

All changes are in section 2.2.1. Flex and PCRE are now required, FFTW is not
(but I left the instructions for compiling it, as they are rather specific and
FFTW is highly desirable and a good example of how to compile one of the
dependencies). Changed occurrences of 'make install' to 'sudo make install'.
Clarified that not just any gfortran will work.

I'm also attaching the patch file to this email, in case that is more
convenient for you, and the resulting patched version of the current
Readme.MacOS for fork's sake, so that he can get started right away if he
desires.

Campbell