Re: Successfully merged projects

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: Successfully merged projects
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 11:34:15 +0100

On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 11:16 AM, John Swensen <address@hidden> wrote:
> I think having quit_allowed exposed in toplev.h as an extern is a new thing.
> I'm pretty sure it used to be a variable only available in toplev.cc.

You're probably right. But developing the GUI with current dev code
would make sense imo.

>The reason we need to have it run in embedded mode is to prevent
>clean_up_and_exit() from being called when the main_loop finishes.
> For various reasons, mostly associated with interacting with Octave through
> the (now called) OctaveLink class, the UI should control when
> Octave is cleaned up.  That is why I said that it would be preferable to have
> the third parameter to octave_main be an enum indicating the
> mode of operation and act accordingly, rather than just embedded or not
> embedded.

There's also the possibility to overload octave_quit() callback to
avoid a hard exit() call.
But then you have other problems. See my other mail about
clean_up_and_exit being
called twice. Some work needs to be done in octave to allow a clean GUI exit.

Michael.