Re: why is the wiki page on building octave so lacking?

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: why is the wiki page on building octave so lacking?
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 10:14:21 -0400

On 16-Mar-2012, oz123 wrote:

| Can we restore that content?

No, I'd prefer to maintain the information in one place, in the manual,
and have a link from the wiki that points to the manual.

| Why it was deleted?

I deleted it because it duplicates information in the manual, and as
Jordi said, it makes no sense to have to maintain that information in
two places.

The wiki is supposed to supplement the manual, not duplicate it or
replace it.  If there is information in the wiki that more logically
belongs in the manual, then it should be moved to the manual and we
should link from the wiki to the manual.