Re: Feedback on Agora Octave design

From: Jacob Dawid
Subject: Re: Feedback on Agora Octave design
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2012 10:40:45 +0200

Wendy,

I've been working on a mockup for the redesign of Agora Octave as part of ESA's summer of code. You can see a preview here:

Comments and suggestions are welcome!

the overall design is nice, I like the combination of blue and light gray. Some suggestions form my side:

1.) The order of menu items is weird. It should be: code - discuss - help - about, descending depending on how frequent you use it.

2.) The alignment of three actions on the frontpage is very nice. However, the Octave logo doesn't fit in there at the first item.

3.) Notice that the Agora logo and menu items are not aligned with the text box at the bottom. Since I think the menubar is very well proportioned, I would broaden the text, so it aligns with the agora logo on the left and with the right edge of the last menu item on the right.

Jacob