Re: Building on MinGW using MXE-built dependencies [WAS: Re: mxe-install

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Building on MinGW using MXE-built dependencies [WAS: Re: mxe-installer try 2]
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 14:28:29 -0400

On 06/10/2013 09:52 PM, John D wrote:

My assumption as well - and I deleted the file and redownloaded a couple of
times just for the kick of it.
When you installed mingw, do you recall what packages/options you installed?
Ming32 or 64?

I've been working with mingw32, but I'm about to try the 64-bit compiler so I can try the --enable-64 option for Octave.

I believe I installed mingw32 with the C,C++ and fortran compiler, as well
as MSYS basic, after selecting the option to download the latest updated
lists. (I ran the update and upgrade later to verify)

I also installed the following packages afterwards to meet dependencies/fix
issues with compiling:

msys-wget
msys-unzip
msys-m4
msys-openssl
msys-patch
msys-perl
msys-regex
msys-flex
gettext   (for bison to compile)
libiconv (for libiconv to compile)

About the same, but msys-regex did not work for me because I couldn't figure out how to tell flex to find the header files and libraries since they are apparently installed in different location from other mingw headers and libraries and the compiler doesn't look there by default (weird, if you ask me).