SOCIS project - Roberto Porcù

From: Roberto Porcù
Subject: SOCIS project - Roberto Porcù
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 23:39:05 +0000

Da: Roberto Porcù
Inviato: giovedì 25 luglio 2013 1.37
A: address@hidden
Oggetto: SOCIS project - Roberto Porcù

Dear all,

my name is Roberto Porcù and I would like to apply SOCIS 2013.
I've been a student of Maths Engineering at Politecnico di Milano since 2007
and i graduated last April. I'm specialized in Computational sciences for engineering.
During my university career I've been using
Octave for a wide range of goals, expecially for numerical computing.
I'm familiar also with C/C++ and all the most common tools belonging to the linux environment.

During and after the preparation of my thesis I've been developing
in Octave a solver for multi-dimensional classical mechanics problems
that uses some geometric integrators. It has been written with the same style of
the main functions already contained in Odepkg for Octave. I also presented
my work during last OctConf which took place at Politecnico di Milano.
The project idea "Geometric integrators for Hamiltonian Systems" presented in http://wiki.octave.org/Summer_of_Code_Project_Ideas is totally close
to what i've already done. So I'm willing to contribute to this project very much.
Joining in the SOCIS project would be a good motivation for me to
start contributing to this community.

I'm open to any further suggestion.

Best regards.

Roberto Porcù