Re: addpath/rmpath and PKG_ADD/PKG_DEL

From: Carlo de Falco
Subject: Re: addpath/rmpath and PKG_ADD/PKG_DEL
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 10:48:59 +0100

Il 25/feb/2014 09:28 "Julien Bect" <address@hidden> ha scritto:

> Dear all,
>
> I recently discovered by accident that using addpath and rmpath triggers the execution of respectively PKG_ADD and PKG_DEL, if they exist (see attached test script). This is not documented in the help of the functions. Is it an intended feature ?
>
> If it is, I can file a documentation bug report and provide a documentation patch.

That's exactly the main mechanism by which PKG_ADD/PKG_DEL work and it seems to me that it is explained quite well in the manual:
http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/PKG_005fADD-and-PKG_005fDEL-Directives.html#PKG_005fADD-and-PKG_005fDEL-Directives
But, if you think that needs further clarification feel free to suggest a patch.
c.