Re: Edit-Grid doesn't work

From: Rik
Subject: Re: Edit-Grid doesn't work
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 20:41:08 -0700

On 07/28/2014 09:01 AM, address@hidden wrote:
Re: Overhaul FLTK pan, rotate, zoom
From:
Ben Abbott <address@hidden>
Date:
07/28/2014 06:34 AM
To:
Andreas Weber <address@hidden>
CC:
address@hidden
Message:
1

On Jul 27, 2014, at 4:34 PM, Andreas Weber <address@hidden> wrote:

> cset http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/52e01aa1fe8b
>
> Each axes now has its own properties for interactive GUI control of pan,
> rotate3d and mouse_wheel_zoom. Now it's possible to have several figures
> and set pan for the 2D plot in figure x and rotate3d for the 3D plot in
> figure y. There are two new pan modes: "Pan x only" and "Pan y only".
>
> The toolbar buttons "P" and "R" set pan and rotate3d for the last
> clicked axes object or the object below the center of the canvas if none
> was clicked yet.
>
> Try this for example:
>
> subplot (3, 1, 1);
> sombrero ();
> set (gca, "rotate3d", "on");
> subplot (3, 1, 2);
> plot (sin (0:0.05:10))
> grid
> set (gca, "pan", "xon")
> subplot (3, 1, 3);
> peaks ();
>
> See how each plot behaves. Try also pan, rotate and zoom.
>
> The legend axes can now be moved with the mouse. Try
>
> sombrero(); legend("A sombrero plot")
>
> and move the legend with the mouse around.
>
> -- Andy
Andy,

Everything works for me ... except that selecting [Edit->Grid] from the menu (i.e. no effect).  However if the axes is active, then typing "g" does toggle the grid, as does the "G" button at the bottom of the figure.

Ben
Ben, Andreas,

I remarked on this before as well.  You can get it to work by causing the event loop to run.  For example, if you return to the command window and hit <RETURN> the grid will appear.  We need to use the same solution that was used for the 'g'.  In this case, I just added a drawnow () command at the end of the grid_cb function in __add_default_menu__ and it works correctly.

--Rik