Re: Testing octave-4.0.1-rc4

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Testing octave-4.0.1-rc4
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2016 13:20:08 -0700

I was able to get Octave 4.0.1-rc4 built on SPARC Solaris 10, without
the following external libraries:
  arpack, curl, fltk, glpk, hdf5, java, osmesa, qrupdate, suitesparse

On that system I see 40 test failures:

  ** oct-inttypes.cc: 16

    Several failures relating to integer-char conversions, probably due
    to http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/b48d65c5df5b.

  ** data.cc: 1

    Little-endian assumption in test of "base64_encode (single (pi))".

  ** file-io.cc: 1

    System-defined P_tmpdir string contains trailing slash, fails string
    comparison.

  ** cplxpair.m: 3

    Two-column tests fail, the number with positive imaginary part
    sometimes appears first in the list depending on the random order.

  ** imwrite.m: 4

    Alpha channel always comes back as an empty matrix (could be a
    limitation of the native ImageMagick library?)

  ** powerset.m: 2

    Little-endian assumption in powerset implementation using bitunpack.

  ** binopdf.m: 4

    Eps-order tolerance errors.

  ** logninv.m: 4

    Eps-order tolerance errors.

  ** io.tst: 4

    Many fread errors, looks like more little-endian assumptions.

  ** system.tst: 1

    File "/dev/core" does not exist, should add exist() check.

Let me know if you want me to test anything, related to these or
otherwise. Open to suggestions as to how to fix the integer-char
conversion problem. I plan to look at fixing most of these on the
default branch soon-ish.

Minor patches needed to compile on Solaris, see
https://bitbucket.org/snippets/mtmiller/arqzA/octave-40-solaris-patches

--
mike