Fwd: A new Octave function for getting modular inverse matrices

From: Fausto Abraham Jacques
Subject: Fwd: A new Octave function for getting modular inverse matrices
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2018 20:20:47 -0600

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Fausto Abraham Jacques <address@hidden>
Date: dom., 11 de nov. de 2018 16:11
To: Nicholas Jankowski <address@hidden>

Hello Nicholas,

These are my answers to your questions:

1. - are you proposing that octave incorporate this function into it's current offering?  i looked at the linked m-file and it appears to currently have no specified license and usage statement.

R= Not this time, but it would be very helpful to many to incorporate this function to octave.

2. - is this implementing something currently present in Matlab that we would need to be concerned about functional compatibility?

R= That I know, Matlab does not have a function like this in its currect packages/libraries.

3. ... that appear to involve this code.  is the code the same in the patch tracker and on the linked researchgate?  have you looked into the code changes recommended on the patch tracker to bring them up to what's needed for Octave inclusion?

I have looked into the code changes recommended, and I am working on that, in order to include it to Octave. I just want the Octave community start working with it; before its inclusion. I can get suggestions that may improve it in that way.

Thanks for your questions Nicholas Jankowski.

Have a great day.

Cheers,

El vie., 9 de nov. de 2018 14:20, Nicholas Jankowski <address@hidden> escribió:
> I write to you this time to make all the Octave community know that there is a new function available. I wrote it to obtain modular inverse matrices variable sized with no-theoretical limit.

- are you proposing that octave incorporate this function into it's current offering?  i looked at the linked m-file and it appears to currently have no specified license and usage statement.

- is this implementing something currently present in Matlab that we would need to be concerned about functional compatibility?

- a quick search just turned up two patches: