Re: Display of strings by interpreter

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Display of strings by interpreter
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2019 14:08:47 -0400

On 10/23/19 1:33 PM, Rik wrote:
On 10/23/2019 10:29 AM, John W. Eaton wrote:

Yes, this seems like a good thing to do.  Also the feature request in
#56974.  I would even say that we could consider displaying the type if
it is double.

Yes, it never made sense to me that Matlab would list the size and type for
all variables except double.  Be consistent, and tell the user when it is a
double.

Did you want to work on either of these?

I'll take a look at the string display issue.

OK, I'll look at the data type thing.

In the interest of simplicity, I think we should just make these changes and not make them configurable.