Tablicious in Octave Forge [was: Re: [GSoC 2021] How should I do now wit

From: Andrew Janke
Subject: Tablicious in Octave Forge [was: Re: [GSoC 2021] How should I do now with project Table datatype]
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2021 03:58:09 -0500

On 3/8/21 11:13 PM, Kai Torben Ohlhus wrote:
On 3/8/21 6:51 PM, 陈栋林 wrote:
I have seen that you are the potential mentors in the project Table datatype. How should I do now with this project for applying gsoc? How can I make my first contribution? Thank you

Thank you for your interest in GSoC with Octave.  Yes, I am willing to mentor a project on creating a Matlab compatible table datatype [1].

Since we're on the subject...

I know there hasn't been much enthusiasm for this in the past, but is there any chance I could get y'all interested in including Tablicious [1] in Octave Forge as an "External" package? Even if table arrays make it in to core Octave from the GSoC work, I think Tablicious could be useful as a transitional package or to support older versions of Octave (which I think are still in kind-of wide use?). And it also provides datetimes, categoricals, and (half-assed) string arrays.

Cheers,
Andrew

[1] https://github.com/apjanke/octave-tablicious