[Openexr-devel] zlib static library error

From: Naveed Ahmed
Subject: [Openexr-devel] zlib static library error
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 21:02:01 +0200

Hi,

I compiled Zlib in Visual Studio .Net 2003, downloaded precompiled libraries and source code from
http://www.gzip.org/zlib/
But I only found zlib_static.lib from, but I also compiled Zlib solution to get static file
http://www.winimage.com/zLibDll/

OpenExr compiles correctly, except for IlmImfDll, there is some problem with zlib_static.lib file, Zlib solution for Visual Studio .Net 2003 produces file zlibstat.lib, I rename it to zlib_static.lib. I get following errors
IlmImfDll error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _compress
IlmImfDll error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _uncompress
IlmImfDll error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _compress referenced in function "private: int __thiscall Imf::pxr24Compressor::compress(char const *,int,class Imath::Box<class Imath::Vec2<int> >,char const * &)" (address@hidden@Imf@@address@hidden@H@ IlmImfDll error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _uncompress referenced in function "private: int __thiscall Imf::pxr24Compressor::uncompress(char const *,int,class Imath::Box<class Imath::Vec2<int> >,char const * &)" (address@hidden@Imf@@address@hidden@address@hidden@@@Imath@@address@hidden)

Please help me with this.

Thanks,
Naveed