[Openexr-devel] Shake, OpenEXR and arcane linux linking

From: Ciaran Wills
Subject: [Openexr-devel] Shake, OpenEXR and arcane linux linking
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 12:02:07 +0100

I'm having a bit of an issue with our OpenEXR plugin for Shake on linux;
it's crashing when reading zip compressed EXR files.  Poking around with
gdb it appears the the calls to zlib from within the EXR libraries are
in fact going to the Shake versions in libnrzl_lx.so, rather than
/usr/lib/libz.

Is there a way around this?  Am I doing something stupid?  I've been
using linux for years and the ins and outs of dynamic linking *still*
baffle me...

Ciaran.