Re[2]: [Openexr-devel] static EXR and dynamic stdc++ under linux

From: Pavel Ledin
Subject: Re[2]: [Openexr-devel] static EXR and dynamic stdc++ under linux
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 11:55:18 +0400

Hello Florian,

Thursday, April 12, 2007, 6:22:50 AM, you wrote:

> what is the problem you have with static linking?
> Do you get unresolved symbols?  Are the libraries
> missing?

Thanks for your reply...

No problem with compiling, no errors, no warnings, and I have all libs
and headers.
But it's not compiled as static, it compiled as shared. In other words if I
view my
shaders_p.so(output compiled file) I can see link to
libstdc++.so.6 and libIlmThread.so.4 (no problem with libstdc++.so.6 it's
normal).

And of course it will crash during render, because I have installed
only old 1.2.2 OpenEXR on my machine.
1.4 is contained only locally in my project (../libs/exr).

I need static link OpenEXR.
What's wrong?

LIB = -L/usr/aw/maya8.0/lib -shared -export-dynamic -lstdc++ -static
-L../libs/exr -lIlmImf -lIlmThread

> Anyway, as far as I know mental has built-in support
> for OpenEXR output.

Yes, but I need my own EXR saver that will save multichannel file with
many passes like:
RGBA, n, z, coverage, label, diffuse, shadow, specular, reflections,
refraction and many more,.. that supported by my p_MegaTK shader
http://www.puppet.cgtalk.ru/download/megatk_e.shtml
http://www.puppet.cgtalk.ru/tutorials/howtomegatk_e.shtml

I also need different compressions and data types, like 32unint.
I suppose it's not possible with build-in OpenEXR.

--
Best regards,
 Pavel Ledin aka Puppet                            mailto:address@hidden