[Openexr-devel] openexr on windows

From: jcupitt
Subject: [Openexr-devel] openexr on windows
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 17:15:10 +0100

Hi, I've found (I think) a problem with the OpenEXR DLLs on the website.

They depend on MSVCR71.dll which isn't part of vanilla XP (as far as I
know). I'm sadly not allowed to include this DLL in my installer.

This limits the number of windows machines that can run my
application. I tried to build my own binary with mingw but this seems
to be very difficult, at least with the current stable version.

Would it be possible to make a set of DLLs which use a more widely
available C runtime? Or perhaps I've got this wrong, heh.

John