[Openexr-devel] Feedback on Realtime Playback?

From: Florian Kainz
Subject: [Openexr-devel] Feedback on Realtime Playback?
Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 11:56:03 -0700

Before we release the next "stable" version of OpenEXR, I would
like to get some feedback on the current development version.
If you have tried the current version and you can spare the time,
please send mail to me directly and tell me what does or does
not work for you.

* Are you using B44 compression for real-time image playback?

* Are you using playexr or your own application code?

* Do you get acceptable performance?

* What is the maximum frame rate you can sustain reliably?
  (please include image resolution, hardware and software
  configuration)

* How would you rate the quality of B44-compressed images?

* Do you see B44-compression artifacts in the kinds of images
  that you typically deal with?

* Have you tried using CTL for color rendering?

Florian